Saturday, June 13, 2009

you are welcome...for the update

Wow, 2 months with no posts? Seriously, is my life that boring? Maybe so. I just figure that my sisters pretty much post about everything & half the people that look at my blog are family & probably don’t care to read the same story told 4 different ways! Haha. In any case, I feel the need to share my side…


All my bestie friends moved out at the end of April. :( You can imagine my disappointment in this matter. These girls are some of the best people, in the world, that I’ve ever met. It was hard for me to see them go. On a better note, Katie & Michelle are sisters and live at home just about 15 min away! Miss E is getting married in august! I’m so excited for her & Jonny. I can’t wait to go down to Newport in August to be one of the many bridesmaids! I absolutely adore everything about all three of these girls. They have taught me much about life & friendship.


In May I went to the hot desert country (also known as Arizona) to visit my family. I drove down with my friend Aaron again…we had much better luck this time-no deer!


While I was down there I got to spend a lot of time with the people I love the most…my niece and nephews! (no offense sisters & parents). They are so darn cute! I hope to have some cute babies someday. Even when they are little monkeys anywhere you go, they are still the best & I wouldn’t trade the time I get to spend with them for anything. One afternoon I took Brooklyn with me to Target to spend some time with her. It was quite the experience! First, driving the BIG expedition with four car seats! Second, "needing" to turn on the dvd player for a short 5 minute drive. Third, looking back at Bells through that tiny "kid" mirror. Kind of a surreal experience! Of course being a sassy little lady, she tried to convince me (as soon as we got into the store) that she “needed” me to buy her something. I chose to buy her an icee to coerce her to simmer down! :)


We took family pictures to include the newest addition, Miss Halle Kate. She is so tiny & precious! Every time one of them has been born, I forget how small they really are. Family pictures turned out really well!



We celebrated Mother’s day. I love in church when even the non-mothers/non-married women get to stand up & get the treat too!


My sister’s & I also planned a surprise 50th birthday party for my mom!! We wanted her to know how much we love and appreciate her & her life. It was a lot of fun planning and having the actual party.



Mom, we all love you & are so happy that you’re our mom!


I’m loving Provo right now, during the summer. It is the best time to be here. The summer nights are what make Utah the best. I can’t describe it, you’ll just have to believe me. There are still so many things to do before summer ends!

*lake*nYC*wedding in Newport*road trips*concerts*late nights*hiking the y*bonfires*pool time*

Did I mention I love summertime?! One of the things I love the most (besides the nighttime), is getting to wear my rainbow’s & other sandals 24/7!! Woo hoo!!


A few weeks ago, I got to hang out with another one of my favorite & best friends, Jessica. Her, the bf, and some other peeps came up to go to a concert & so I went with them. Not really “my scene,” but as Jess put it, “Come for me Megan, not the bands!” haha. We had a lot of fun. It was good to see her. She always brings a smile to my face.



It has been stormy the past few days & it is kind of weird. We never really have good thunderstorms or rain showers. This afternoon it was crazy. Outside, trees looked like they were going to split in half! People were running like crazed animals to get out of the rain & strong wind. It was awesome, yet scary to be at work and afraid the power would go out, and me being the one in charge! I told some of my co-workers that this was the type of weather I had growing up. Oh, the memories.


So, life has been pretty good lately. Up’s & down’s. Good & bad. Surprises & disappointments. Pretty & ugly. Sometimes the regular routine of things make me want to run away & do something I’ve never done before. I love smiling & laughing, so I’m trying to take the good with the bad and just be happy. The older I get (which I am getting old), I realize that life Is never going to be “perfect.” I just have to make the best of what I have!



“Sometimes the pattern of life seems a little monotonous-and discouraging. It is like climbing a mountain and, after reaching the top, getting knocked back down to the bottom to climb it again; but I guess the fun is in climbing and not in arriving. I hope so!”

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Guess who is coming to visit me in 5 days!!! :) LOVE YA GIRL!!

Amber and Co. said...

Thanks for updating your blog! Love ya!

Jacey said...

Looks like your having a good time, despite being away from family!

Cassie Jae said...

i love love love you!! :] you are so stinkin cute. I must admit that it seems like the summers here are pretty darn nice! if you ever wanna hang out, you just let me know :]

Elizabeth Clayton Smith said...

Yay for wedding in Newport and all of your other fun plans for the summer! I love you! So great to see you this week!

Joshua and Chelsea said...

cute! i miss you! but i cant wait for our trip! :)