Monday, June 22, 2009

the joys music brings us

I'm sitting over at Aaron's & we started reminiscing of the days when we thought we knew "the best" of music. You all know what I'm talking about....stake dances: where every song was either The Dance, Cotton-Eyed Joe or Amazed. Boy bands: NSYNC, Backstreet Boys, 98 Degrees. Certain songs that remind us of people: Encore, Complicated, Genie in a Bottle or Summer Girls. Music has definitely changed since our high school days...man, we ARE getting old! What happened to the good ol' days of girl/boy bands & synchronized dancing? What is more embarrassing....the fact that I was in love with boy bands or that I still have their music?? haha.

1 comment:

mari_contrary said...

I still get goosebumps at those first haunting notes of "show me the meaning of being lonely"...

and nothing, I mean NOTHING, will ever replace the Boot Scootin' Boogie in my heart.

love,
mary