Monday, November 9, 2009

it's all making sense







I hate snow.*
I hate driving in it.
I hate sliding around not knowing if you're going to hydroplane into an innocent bystander or the telephone pole.
I hate running late for work and having to scrape off the FEET of snow & defrost the windows.
I hate trudging through it & getting the bottoms of your pants dirty.
I hate that you can't see two feet in front of your car.
I hate when the roads aren't paved.
I hate the feel of cold snow on your bare back.

I hate birds.
I hate the movie "The Birds."
I hate the way they look.
I hate the sound they make.
I hate that they get so close to you.
I hate when they line up on the telephone pole or fly in big groups.
I hate black crows the most.
I hate the idea of them pecking me to death.

I just put two & two together. I hate snow and I hate birds. So, naturally I would hate snowbirds. I've had quite the encounter with some of these since moving to Arizona. Some are very nice. Some are very onry no matter what you say or do. Some are terrible drivers. Some smell funny. Some flirt with you even though they are 40+ years older than you. Some try to run you over.

Maybe one day I will love them? Maybe, but not for a lonnnnng time!

*I do, however, like to ski...this is something that my wonderful Katie taught me this last winter semester. Too bad I didn't have a longer time with it, I was told I was a "natural."

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Haha. Cynthia told me about how you hate birds. I don't know why we had this conversation, but I know we did. :)

Elizabeth Clayton Smith said...

This post is EPIC!!!!